Danny Contreras, a Las Vegas shooting survivor who claimed there were multiple gunmen involved in the attack, has been found murdered with multiple gunshot wounds
Another eyewitness in the Las Vegas shooting massacre, who reported being chased by two gunmen has been found murdered in an vacant house with multiple gunshot wounds.
When Clark County Fire Department emergency personnel entered the vacant home, they found Danny Contreras on the floor with at least one gunshot wound and requested the Metropolitan Police Department’s homicide unit, Lt. Dan McGrath said. Police later said the man had been shot in the upper torso several times.
Danny Contreras tweeted the day after the attacks that he was “lucky to be alive” after he was “chased by two gunmen“. His social media post from his Twitter account (which has now been mysteriously been suspended), that was shared several times said:
“Feeling lcky to be alive. cant beleive i got out of concert alive! 2 men chasing me with guns. not evry 1 so lcky.”
The Las Vegas man found dead in a vacant home in the northeastern valley has been identified by the Clark County coroner.
Police said 35-year-old Danny Contreras was found dead at 7:05 a.m. Monday. A woman who thought she heard a man groaning had called 911 requesting a welfare check on the 5800 block of East Carey Avenue, near North Nellis Boulevard.
Contreras died of multiple gunshot wounds, and the coroner ruled his death a homicide.
Based on Contreras’ tattoos, Metropolitan Police Department homicide Lt. Dan McGrath said it is possible he had gang ties. But McGrath said the initial investigation showed that the killing likely was related to narcotics rather than gang activity.
Residents on the street described the northeast Las Vegas home as a “problem place with possible drug activity in and out of the home,” McGrath said.
There were no witnesses to the shooting. Neighbors said they did not hear any gunshots, but told detectives that they had heard arguing and a dog barking.