How to Boil an Egg without the gray ring
1) Grab your eggs (I’m using large eggs), and a pot. Pretty easy start, right?
2) Put the eggs in the pot and cover them with water, only about an inch overhead.
3) Put them on the stove and turn it on medium high heat.
Now this is where you NEED to pay attention.
4) As SOON as that water starts to boil (and I mean boil, not just a few bubble here and there), turn the stove off.
5) Set the timer for 10 minutes.
6) When the timer goes off, remove the eggs from the pot and put them in cold water. (Sometimes I put them in an ice bath, but I haven’t found that it really matters either way)
7) Let them sit for about 5 minutes and then dig in.
Of course, if you don’t want them right away, just store them in the fridge, but try to use them within a few days as they go bad faster than uncooked eggs.